Monday, July 27, 2009

Cape San Blas, Day 2

7/20/09 - To begin the day, I was woken up intermittently by Lindsey and Crystal getting ready to leave to pick up Pat from Pensacola. Find that Michaele is not in bed with me. Say hi to Crystal in my extremely dazed state, sans glasses. I wait for them to leave for Pensacola, then I wake up to go find where Michaele is. Find that Michaele left in the middle of the night because she was coughing and didn't want to wake me up. We ate breakfast and were making an effort to go to the beach, but since Michaele wasn't feeling well we opted to stay in, first played Guitar Hero World Tour, and then watched The Girl Next Door. Her first time. Awesome movie. Kelly rules. After that, put in some Arrested Development but Michaele once again fell asleep to it. I told Michaele to go get a nap in before the girls got back with Pat aronud 2 or 2:30. They party posse didn't get back until 4, though, an hour later than their ETA. I hung out by myself, watched an episode of AD then sat on the porch reading "Lamb" while listening to Animal Collective. At 4, my roomie was there, we hung out and watched TV for a bit and then I went to wake Michaele up around 4:45. Laid in bed with her for about a half hour. For dinner, we headed to the Indian Pass Raw Bar and had 2 orders of crab legs and 2 orders of shrimp. Unbelievably delicious. After dinner, we stopped at the tiki bar and Lindsey and Pat went inside to buy booze. Michaele, Crystal and I looked up information about scalloping on my iPhone in the car as we waited. They got back, Pat bought a case of Bud, Lindsey a jug of sangria and wine. As well as tubes of flavored martinis that she gave to me in a brown paper bag.

We got back to Cape San Blas, situated ourselves and headed to the beach to watch the sunset and have a photoshoot. Once the sun was down, the 5 of us sat with our feet in this hole in the sand and just talked. Around 11, we went up to the house and sat on the porch drinking, talking, looking at Cortona pictures on Lidnsey's laptop and listening to music. Michaele was falling asleep on the bed outside. I was tipsy, the other 3 were drunk. We called and talked to Sarah and Alex separately. Drunken sadness. Wish they weer there. The three drunkies decided to take a dip in the Gulf. I stayed and laid on the porch bed with Michaele. Pat came back worried about Crystal drunkenly hitting on him and whispered loudly into my ear "Help!" and Michaele and I just laughed out loud. Shortly after, Michaele and I went to bed. I was a bit tipsy, so we didn't go to sleep right away cause I had an energy and was talkative. Only thing I really remember (not because I had been drinking) was asking Michaele not to leaev me ni the middle of the night again. She didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment