Monday, July 27, 2009

Cape San Blas, Day 1

7/18 - Woke up at 5 AM, showered and at the airport by 6:05. Fifteen minutes later and I'm already at my gate, so much for being there an hour early. Flight left at 7:00 and one nap later, I was in Atlanta. Grabbed my first ever Chick-fil-A and had breakfast. Sat at my gate and ate while listening to Outkast's ATLiens, it was like I was from Georgia. Met an older gentleman from Kentucky on the flight and talked with him all the way down to Jacksonville. The first thing he asked me after I told him I was from Milwaukee was if I was a fan of the Brewers. I told him I was, so we talked baseball for a while (he was a Cardinals fan). Then we talked NFL, Lambeau Field and who he cheers for since he lives in Kentucky (Rams or Titans). Arrived in JAX a little after noon eastern time. It took about 30-40 minutes get outside because of baggage claim. Stood outside in the sticky humidity for about 3 minutes then saw Michaele pull up. We met at the trunk of her car, I set my bags down, we hugged and then kissed on the lips. She looked incredible, black dress over a faded white hamburger t-shirt. I'll even admit that I gave her the ol up-down after we kissed. Got in the car, to a mini detour to a nearby Chick-fil-A so Michaele could go the bathroom because apparently they have clean ones, who knew? Then a little past 1, it was off to Cape San Blas! It was a five hour drive and I was being weird for the beginning of it, probably because I was tired. I could sense I was being out of it (and knew Michaele did, too). Don't worry, I snapped out of it. We listened to her iPod first, then I put on the Cortona playlist that I made for her, then showed her some Animal Collective. After that, we listened to Jim Gaffigan's "Beyond the Pale," which she liked. Then we listened to Demetri Martin's "Person," which I don't think she enjoyed that much. We made one stop the whole way, for gas, and arrived at 194 Antilles around 6 PM, although it took it us 3 tries to find the correct street. Lindsey wasn't there yet, so Michaele and explored. Went on the deck, I took my shoes and socks and then Michaele got me my flip flops from the car since I was barefoot (she's nice). Lindsey arrived 5 minutes, we all embraced and it was wonderful.

We put our stuff inside, then went to Port St. Joe because everyone was starving. Ordered a pizza and went grocery shopping at the Piggly Wiggly in the meantime. Got the 'za and by 7, we were eating Howie bread (from Hungry Howie's Pizza) in the car on the way back to Cape San Blas, which is only a 10 minute ride away from Port St. Joe. Got back and Michaele, Lindsey, Olive and I took a walk on the beach as the sun set. This is the second best sunset and the only sunset that can equate to Cortona's. From Room 20. Came back inside around 9 when it was dark and started watching TV. Michaele took some nighttime cough medicine because she was feeling sick, and by 10, the two of us were asleep to Wizards of Waverly Place.

Went to our room, didn't go to sleep right away. Talked, cuddled and kissed for a bit. It was a first night together in a month, what do you expect? Between 11 and midnight, our eyes were getting heavy and we were falling asleep. Right as I was losing consciousnesses, Lindsey's friend Crystal arrived and hung out with Lindsey for a bit. However, minutes after she got there, Michaele and I were both asleep. Meeting her would have to wait until tomorrow. It was a long day for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment